The Perfect Gift for Your Man on Valentine’s Day
Paul McCartney may have famously sang “ …money can’t buy me love” in The Beatles’ hit “Can’t Buy Me Love” from 1964, but folks in Britain have no qualms about spending a little green on their loved one each St. Valentine’s Day. In fact, The Mirror estimated that in 2016, eager singles and couples spent nearly £1billion to profess their love in the two weeks leading up to that most romantic of holidays.
If you are looking for that special gift for the significant gent in your life, there are no shortage of creative ideas to choose from, including board games (First Dates The Game), a personalized pint mug, simple IOU vouchers to everything in between.
Top Gifts for the Gadget Guy
Men love gadgets just as much as beer, their favourite English Football League team , and you of course, but nothing says, “You’re the best, love!” like a shiny new gadget wrapped in a bright red box. Here are some top gadgets to consider for Valentine’s Day 2018.
1. A finely-crafted, luxury timepiece. High-end watches never go out of style. If you are looking for a bespoke wrist watch, classic names like Tiffany®, Audemars Piquet®, TAG Heur, Rolex, Breitling, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, Patek Philippe, and others are always a safe bet. A reflection of a man’s personal style, the right watch exudes charm, character, and makes an individual statement. Trending features in luxury timepieces are jewels, automatic or self-winding, the use of quartz, and unique mechanical or chronograph movements in the watch itself. Your man also may desire a watch for a specific purpose, so you may choose a diver’s watch or other military style, a sports watch, or a classic pocket watch.
Now, if your man already has a classy timepiece then a great way to enhance the look would be to get him a replacement leather watch strap from our stunning collection.
2. Just about any Amazon-branded electronic. The most in-demand gadgets are the Fire Stick with Alexa Voice Remote , the second-generation Amazon Echo in charcoal fabric , and the second-generation Amazon Echo Dot). And if you are a bundle of nerves thinking Amazon will spy on everything you say – no worries! The Amazon Alexa app for your mobile has a nifty feature where you can delete whatever phrase you just said!
3. A Kindle E-reader or Fire tablet. Amazon’s favourite E-reader is the compact (only 6” and no jokes, please) Kindle Paperwhite, while the Fire HD 8 tablet is the top selling tablet to be had.
4. A media-streaming player. If your best guy cannot get enough of McMafia, Britannia, Hard Sun, or any other top-rated British drama while travelling, then you need to pop for an Apple TV 4K, a Roku – Premiere +, Nvidia Shield, Chromecast Ultra, or just about any other knock-off brand you can think of. They all serve the same functions – connect to your television or computer’s USB or HDMI port, and voilà!
5. An iPhone case from Peel. Slim, translucent, and free of annoying branding, these top-selling cases also are available for the Google Pixel 2, Samsung Galaxy S-series, and many others. They can be had for normally under £20.
6. A portable power bank. Checking up on football scores or streaming The Crown can quickly drain your guy’s mobile, so a portable charger is always a good idea. Pick a model that offers two USB charging ports and a 5000mAH or greater capacity. A trusted name in the UK right now is STK, whose STK fuel+ 5K Power Bank sells for about £30.
7. A smart speaker other than Amazon. Amazon has its eyes set on global domination, but a strong, independent-minded British woman knows there are other options: the Google Mini Home, the Google Home Max, Sonos ONE, Motorola Moto Smart Speaker Mod, or the Apple HomePod. Smart speakers were originally made to accept streaming content, but now offer all sorts of futuristic options, from controlling your home lights and thermostat to answering telephone calls and ordering dinner. Somewhere, George Orwell is lamenting, “I told you so” over a pint and a bit of fish and chips!